We are almost done week 9 of quarantine and I have finally broken down and starting to order a few things online. For the first 8 weeks it felt really good to not buy a thing. We didn’t need anything and living with less and spending less felt great… mind you I was making less to due to all of this. I am a major introvert so staying home and being with my family has been awesome. We have filled our days with homeschooling ( kinda…ish) , eating, being outside, eating , taking drives, eating and long evening walks…followed by more eating. Ok I am kidding with the exact line up of eating but it felt, at one point the days were rolling onto each other with preparing meals, buying food , eating snacks etc. Apparently our kids need to be fed a million times throughout the day when they are home!! This past week Kim and I decided its time to perhaps cut down the carb intake a bit so I included a couple of our go to’s in the haul!!
A few things that have made our Amazon Haul this month:
- Kids books and specifically Magnus O’Meere Mind Pioneer by local Author Kristin Pierce. I absolutely LOVE her approach to writing and teaching kids to think outside the box and ignite passion within themselves. Her entire philosophy is AMAZING and I am a big fan!!!
2. This Esspresso machine because I realize that to have kidsd at home 24/7 requires a couple of extra shots of espresso in my coffee. My husband and I just do an old school coffee from a regular full pot machine….. no keurigs over here!! I love to add an extra shot to my regular coffee with cream and its like an Americano but no water:)
3. I just picked up the book ATOMIC HABITS by James Clear for myself because I felt I was sitting there reading my phone a little too much and that was not leading by example for my kids. As well I have been doing the 75 hard challenge which requires you to read 10 pages of a self development book daily. Since the challenge is all about establishing habits and I have heard such rave reviews about the book I grabbed it and so far I think it is AMAZING!!!!!
4. Maxi is our Montessori kid and to be honest she has been the hardest challenge in all of this. She gets bored quickly and has been actually tapping out and putting herself down for a nap lately when we ask her to do ” school” . I am slowly gathering a few Montessori resources and this book is a great one.
5. Tucker is in grade one and is still learning how to read on his own so gathering resources for him has been fun. I do not believe in busy work for learning. I like the old school basics of learning how to spell so I am loving this Workbook
6. Another workbook for Tucker is this MATH one. We do math, Kumon , spelling and writing each day and then we are done!!
7. I have been majorly obsessed with skin care and taking care of my skin while we are home and recently grabbed this GUA SHA set and I love it!! My other obsession is THIS SKIN CARE you tube channel. Where you can learn more about using the beautiful stones for lymphatic drainage.
8. These pj’s for maxi because i am not kidding she has not worn regular clothes since this all started and she stopped going to school.
9. This KETO PANCAKE mix! Ok I am not a die hard pancake fan but these were so good they have so much flavour, great texture and really satisfying!!!
10. These Protein Dinks Mixed with a shot of espresso over ice is my afternoon delight these days!!!