Here in Saskatchewan Lake life is such a huge part of our existence. We often only get about 8-10 weeks of summer and most of us love to get up to the lake as much as possible. I have been capturing families up at Candle, Emma and Waskesiu lakes for over 5 years now and I must say I absolutely love meeting people in their happy place. A few tips for lake sessions.
1. Dress in beautiful light colors and textures. I promise you finding clothes for a beach session is 100 X less stressful than for fall pictures!
2. Prepare to get wet… do NOT go to the beach and expect to stay dry.
3. Jump in the lake….. your kids will never forget this experience.
4. Play with your kids, pick them up , splash and have fun. There is nothing more awkward than trying to stay clean and dry and smile for camera on a beach.
5. Make it a yearly tradition. Your kids are getting older by the day and we cannot slow down time. Lake sessions require a fun sun dress, some sorts and a t-shirt that is it so much less stressful than buying 65 layers of coordinating fall clothes for your annual fall photos!
You can check here for my 2020 Emma & Candle lake Session availability. I am available to come up beyond these dates as well so feel free to drop me an email and we can start planning your happy memories at the lake:)