Studio Session vs. In home session
Studio Session vs. In home session and how they are different. When booking your own newborn session really think about what you want the results to be and what experience you are looking for.
– your session will be light and bright as reflected n my IG feed and website. It will be consistent to what you see me post online.
– you have to leave your house which I understand is Not easy with a new baby.
– Access to my studio wardrobe which is all neutrals and whites for my style of session. This session is entirely styled by my wardrobe except for Dad… he did a great job of bringing his own simple neutrals. I find white to be very pretty and really allows the eye to focus on the baby. I have a growing wardrobe for all of my studio clients to borrow from that is filled with neutral maxi dresses. I know a lot of mom’s do not have a bunch of those lying around. I have not worn jeans since having kids essentially so a maxi dress I find is super flattering for the post birth days/weeks/years.
– I am a prop free photographer. I believe babies should be held and cuddled because that is what they want. I do not pose babies in the nude, in bucket or on props of any kids. Simple and timeless so you will love your images in 15-30 years is what I strive for. You kids will look back on their baby photos and see how their tiny head fit perfectly in between dad’s hands.
– you do not have to leave your house… however I know you will feel inclined to clean which is not always fun. I do ask that the rooms we shoot in have no clutter.
– your home has meaning to you. You have raised your children there, spent hours getting the nursery ready….. it has meaning and that is special.
– if your baby has siblings under age 3 they are much more comfortable in their home environment so be sure tho thing about this.
– the overall look of your session is %100 reliant on your available light and home decor. I cannot stress this enough if your home doesn’t not have a lot of light your pictures will reflect that an be more dark and moody. If you are drawn to my studio work which is light filled and neutral this can only be achieved in a home with HUGE windows and all neutral white decor.
I was so glad I finally have this comparison to show. you as these sessions were shot just a few days apart from each other.
In the end it is up to you what you really want and I encourage you to really think about what memories you want captured and what you value.