5 tips for Capturing a farm Family Session in Saskatchewan.
1. Make sure it is not seeding or harvest time.
2. Plan your farm session is the middle of summer when the crops are coming blooming and growing. As well, your beloved farmer is more relaxed when his workload is just a little less that time of year and he may be more willing to agree to family photos.
3. Map out the places on your property that mean the most to you. For this session we visited “roller coaster road” and a beautiful spot overlooking Redberry lake these places were stunning, mean so much and are well worth capturing.
4. Check your crops and capture it. I just love the way Dad is showing his daughter the crops in this session and how much she knew about them…. way more than me. These crops are deeply rooted into the earth and your family story and they are so cool to document.
5. Involve your farm animals in the session. These guys just has a sweet golden retriever and I just took a few snaps of the girls loving on her right before I was about to leave and I just love how they turned out.
I am looking forward to more farm sessions in 2021. be sure to get in touch with me to schedule a session. I know the window of opportunity is a small one on the farm !!!